The school has a well-stocked library having nearly two thousand books and regular subscription of thirty international and national journals; magazines and daily newspapers. It caters the needs of the 1600 students at primary, middle, secondery and senior secondary level. The Library services are fully automated. The Library has reading halls at the ground floor. The reading halls accommodate fifty students.
The Library uses the Library Management Software ‘I-Genius’. The Library is well equipped with
all the modern facilities and resources (print and electronic) in the forms of DVD-ROM, video
cassettes, books, journals, etc. It has also developed a full-fledged Digital Library equipped with
necessary modern equipment in order to provide various digital modes of library services. Books are
arranged on the shelves in numerical order from 3320100-33202600.
The library remains open on all working days.
|Name and Designation
|SAMAR DHULL Librarian (Officiating)
All the bonafide students of KVM GLOBAL SCHOOL, teaching, non-teaching staff members have right to access the school Library. The Library members have following entitlements:
|CATEGORY OF MEMBERS
||NO. OF BOOKS
|XI & XII Students
|IX & X Students
|IV TO XIII
|Faculty members & teaching staff
||05 to 10
The library is divided into two parts – Main part and Office part.
Ground Floor: Ground floor has a big reading hall having seating capacity of about 50 students.
Ground Floor: Ground floor has Office Section, Issue & Return Counter. This section has collections on Financial Accounting, Management, Law, and collection of Reports.
The Library remains open from 8.45 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. throughout the year. The Library remains close on Sundays and all gazette holidays.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The bonafide students and staff members have right to access the library and use it for reading and studying during working hours and days.
2. Students and Staff member when leaving KVM permanently must deposit the books with the Library Office and get their account cleared.
Rules for Issue, Return and Maintenance of Books
1. While issuing the books, etc. from the Library must check the books, etc. that the same is in order. In case of any deformity is noticed by the student/staff member the same should be reported to the Librarian. All books, etc. are issued for a limited period; hence, the member should note the date by which she/he is required to return the book, etc.
2. The issued books, etc. must be returned to the Library on or before the date of return. Returning book late shall attract fine as per following schedule:
3. In case the book, etc. is lost/misplaced by the student/staff member he/she has to replace the same with a new one or shall be required to pay the cost of book at current price, if book is available in the market, with a fine of Rs.50/-.
In case the same book, etc. is not available in the market and student/staff member fails to replace with new one or return the book, etc. the student/staff member will be required to pay a penalty equal to five times of the cost of Book, etc. at its last release, if ascertainable or at the actual cost if last release cost is not ascertainable.
4. Student/staff members in possession of any library book, etc. must return same before the end of classes/session (official date of ending classes) in each year failure of which appropriate fine shall be levied.
5. The student/staff member must maintain and handle the books, etc. issued to her/him properly, carefully and safely. She/he should not mark on it, underline on the texts, write anything on it, and deface it in any form.
While on return if book, etc. is found to be defaced in any form the provisions given in point No. 3 above for loss of book shall be applicable.
6. The Librarian, in the interest of Library and School, has the discretion to recall any book issued to the member.
Discipline and Decorum in the Library
1. The student/staff members shall maintain perfect silence in the library reading halls. Talking loudly, gossiping, chatting, etc. is strictly prohibited.
2. Running, pushing passing gestures and teasing is strictly prohibited.
3. Eatables and soft drinks are not allowed in the library.
4. Use of mobile phone is prohibited in the library. Mobile phones should be kept under silent mode in the library.
5. Marking, underlining, doodling or defacing any Books, Newspapers, Magazines, etc. of the library prohibited.
6. Carrying any book, published material, or any property of the library outside the library without proper issue or authorization shall be deemed as gross indiscipline.
7. Defacing, damaging and mishandling the property of the library shall be deemed as gross indiscipline.
Non-compliance or breaching the rules of Discipline and decorum in the library shall attract disciplinary action and fine or cancellation of admission or both.
The Library has a total collection of 2800 which includes books, serials, non-book materials etc. The Library subscribes to 13 national and international journals, 15 Magazine and 8 Newspapers. Library also has collections by way of donation and exchange. The faculty publications have been showcased at the Ground floor.
The library has collection of books on varied subjects, viz. Computer Science, Ethics and Motivation, Micro and Macro Economics, Accounts, Financial Accounting, Mathematics, Management, Law, Tax, Fiction, Non-fiction, English, Hindi, Social Science, Biographies, History, Corporate Governance, Social Responsibility, Marketing, Business Communication, Psychology, Sonology, Statistics.
Magazines Competition success Review Yojana (English)
Business India Organizer
Business World The Week
Business Today Hindi
Employment News Outlook
India Today (English) Sahitya Amrit
NewsPapers DanikJagran (Hindi) DanikJagran (Hindi)
Hindustan (Hindi) Hindustan (Hindi)
The Tribune(English) The Tribune
The Hindu Times of India